Translate

Friday, May 10, 2019

IMPORTANT UPDATES FROM THE TRAVEL CENTER

View this email in your browser

IMPORTANT TRAVEL CENTER UPDATES!


Because of a technical snafu, this week's DCIS Connect Newsletter didn't include the following updates from the Travel Center, some of which are time-sensitive and couldn't wait until next week's newsletter, and some that simply underscore the huge benefits of student travel. PLEASE READ!
 

Want to have a voice in middle school travel options? Join us on Tuesday, May 14, at 6 pm in the DCIS Community Room (103) to hear about and help choose between two fabulous trips: Guatemala or Peru, both through Walking Tree Travel. 

Student meeting for United Kingdom high school trip for summer of 2020: Next Thursday, May 16, at lunch in Mr. Crossley's room (116A). We are gauging student interest. A parent meeting will be offered at the beginning of the next school year. 

Grazie! Bravi! Thank you to the five DCIS rock-star families who stepped up to host an Italian exchange student. We and they really appreciate it! We hope it will be a great experience for all. 

The 10th grade Canyonlands and Estes trips were a great success! Thanks to Marie Meyer, Jilaine Sandlin, Connor Saller and Abby Hoffman, who made it all happen. Here are some quotes from students who went on the Canyonlands trip:

  • Helped me overcome some insecurities and gave me an opportunity to talk to people I never really see.
  • Helped me make new connections and learn new things about myself, others and nature.
  • Really taught me what it means to become connected to the people around me.
  • Made me realize what I truly need and want in life.
  • Helped me create stronger bonds and pushed me to test my limits.
  • This trip helped me break from a shell and allowed me to connect to people I haven't communicated with before.
  • Taught me that stepping outside of your comfort zone can help repair friendships.
  • Trying new things is sometimes good for the soul. Strengthened bonds with friends and made new ones. Felt connection with nature.
  • Reminded me of how wonderful my class is, taught me things about nature, and allowed me to create new and stronger friendships.
  • Being here will change your mind on how you see the world.
Copyright © 2019 DCIS Connect Newsletter, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email newsletter because you are a member of the DCIS community. If you do not wish to receive the newsletter, please click the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email.

Our mailing address is:
DCIS Connect Newsletter
574 W. 6th Ave.
Denver, CO 80204

Add us to your address book


Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp