Congratulations to DCIS Debate Team members Hazel Seremet and Evan Thornton-Kolbe. They joined a team from Mapleton High School to represent the Denver Urban Debate League at the NAUDL Urban Debate National Championship Tournament on April 14–17 in San Francisco. Having qualified by breaking into the final round at the City Championships in mid-March, they joined more than 100 debaters and coaches from all over the country at the only national tournament held exclusively for urban debate leagues.
Tuesday, April 26, 2016
Friday, April 29, is the last day to contribute gift cards for Staff Appreciation Week, May 2–6. A big THANK-YOU to those who have already contributed. We still need many more to give each staff member two or three. You (or your student) can drop off the gift cards ($5 and $10 amounts are great) in the Staff Appreciation collection box on the desk in the front office.
We’re also looking for more food and drink contributions for the staff breakfast on Tuesday, May 3. To sign up, please click here.
If you’d like to contribute but can’t make it to the school that morning, we can arrange to have a PTSA member get your contribution on Monday. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
Thank you, thank you, thank you for helping out!
Wednesday, April 20, 2016
DCIS Parents/Guardians & Students,
A couple of reminders...
MIDDLE SCHOOL PARENTS/GUARDIANS: The school needs more chaperones and more donations of decorations, snacks & drinks for the dance this Friday. Please click here to lend your support!
- Please remember to bring in $5 & $10 gift cards to the school office before Friday, April 29th, for our staff appreciation week.
- Also, we could use more culinary blessings for the staff appreciation breakfast on Tuesday, May 3rd. To sign up, click here.
- We also encourage students and families to think creatively on how to show their appreciation to the staff at DCIS. Sometimes something thoughtful & personal can mean a great deal to a staff member.
Your DCIS PTSA
Monday, April 18, 2016
Please help us show some love to the awesome staff at DCIS. The PTSA is collecting gift cards to distribute to staff during Staff Appreciation Week, May 2–6, AND we’re hosting a breakfast for them on Tuesday, May 3, which is National Teacher Appreciation Day. Here’s how you can help:
· PARENTS AND STUDENTS: Drop off one or more gift cards in the collection box in the front office by 3 p.m. on Friday, April 29 — $5 and $10 amounts are great. In the past, we’ve been able to collect enough to give each staff member two or three cards and are hoping to do the same again this year.
· PARENTS: Sign up to bring a tasty treat for the staff to share at the breakfast on May 3. You can find details and sign up here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZlN5PaHzF-9HM8kp9COFNtmK_b9J_Q8YDyWUKXrN29U/edit?usp=sharing
· STUDENTS: Get creative! Think about different ways to thank the DCIS staff and let them know what they mean to you.
Our staff work long hours and go way above and beyond for our students every day. Let’s all pitch in and let them know THEY ROCK!!
Thursday, April 14, 2016
Monday, April 11, 2016
The School Leadership Team (SLT) meeting has been rescheduled for Monday, April 25, at lunch in the principal's office.
The Collaborative School Committee (CSC) meeting has been rescheduled for Tuesday, April 19, at 4:30 in the travel center.
Wednesday, April 6, 2016
Thanks to all the parents who took our Lunchtime survey on the app. Students, parents and faculty overwhelmingly voted for the late lunch option (12:30-1:20 pm), so that’s what will be implemented for the 2016-2017 school year (for Tuesday-Friday; Monday [white day] lunch will be 11:25-12:10).
Tuesday, April 5, 2016
Please join us on Tuesday, April 12, 5:30-7:00, in the MUN room for our next PTSA meeting. We’ll be talking about upcoming events, activities and opportunities for involvement. Dinner will be served and Spanish translation services provided. Hope to see you there!
If you haven’t had a chance to complete the Sports survey on the DCIS Connect app, be sure to do so by this Friday, April 8, as that’s the last day it’ll be available. If you don’t yet have the app, you can download it here: http://tiny.cc/dcisden